Birds of a feather flock together… especially during the holidays!
In this selection, you’ll find a range of films about families and friends who sing together, grow together, or just plain drive each other crazy. From the gifted children of The Royal Tenenbaums to the dysfunctional Hoover family in Little Miss Sunshine, from heartwarming correspondences in Mary and Max to eccentric female friendships in Ghost World, and from one big celebration in My Big Fat Greek Wedding to another in The Wedding Banquet, you’ll be sure to find a cozy film that makes you laugh, smile, cry, or all of the above. Watch these films by yourself or in the company of loved ones– maybe you’ll learn a thing or two about your own relationships.
By Paige Wallace
- L’Auberge Espagnole (PN1997.2 A23 A883 2003)
- The Breakfast Club (PN1997 B73 2008)
- Finding Dory (PN1997.2 F56 2015)
- Ghost World (PN1997.2 G46 2002)
- The Intouchables (PN1997.2 I5868 2011)
- It’s A Wonderful Life (PN1997 I871 2006)
- Little Miss Sunshine (PN1997.2 L588 2006)
- Mary and Max (PN1997.2 M378 2010)
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding (PN1997.2 M92 2003)
- The Royal Tenenbaums (PN1997.2 R69 2013)
- The Sound of Music (PN1997 S685 2010)
- The Wedding Banquet (PN1997 W4151 2004)
Image courtesy of Hector Giacomelli. A Perch of Birds. https://www.rawpixel.com/image/471342/free-illustration-image-antique-animal-art Attribution- NonCommercial 2.0 generic (CC BY-NC 2.0)