THE LIBRARY SPACE
PRINTING, COPYING AND SCANNING
The Library printer is located in the north-east corner of the Library.
Using the Library printer:
- print, copy, scan
- a student, faculty or staff Quest ID with adequate funds is required
- add funds to your account at 1st floor Reception desk
- use PaperCut to keep track of your funds and print basic documents from your laptop using wireless
- use library computers to print posters and other odd-size documents (see instructions below)
Desktop scanners are located at the public computers near the Circulation desk:
- for public use
- no ID or funds required
PRINTING AND FAX INSTRUCTION GUIDES
Printing from your computer using Web Print.
Printing on 11×17. (from a Library or Lab computer)
Keystone printing instructions.
INTERNET AND COMPUTER ACCESS
Wireless internet is available throughout the campus, including in the Library. To access the internet:
- Students can connect to the wireless network for laptop use
- Guests can visit the Circulation desk for a wi-fi login, or hardwire their laptops using the yellow internet cables available at select tables
Desktop computers are available for student and guest use. All have basic Microsoft Office programs including:
- some computers have additional programs, check with Library staff
The Workshop Area is a large space, open to the rest of the Library, which is used for Library related workshops and events.
Library displays highlight our collections and give you something great to browse. The main display is in the cubby near the entrance. We love it when you find something to check out!
THE ART WALL
As you enter the Library, look left and you will see the Art Wall towards the rear. This display space is reserved for student exhibits. If you are interested in exhibiting your work, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library is home to four happy lamps. These light therapy lamps are often used to help treat Seasonal Effective Disorder (SAD). Please use at your own discretion. Happy lamps may not be removed from the library.
FROM STUDENTS FOR STUDENTS
In 2015, 10 wooden bookstands were designed and donated by Quest students in collaboration with the Builder’s Guild, the Reuse-It Centre, and the Quest Library.
In 2014, students donated several balance balls to the Library.
Please place returns in the return slot and books you have browsed on the orange carts.